Sunday, January 9, 2011

Leather Sofa On Very Dark Hardwood Floors

Four deserts of the race for the runners Peschiera Introspective

Raffaele Brattoli: a man, the sport and its challenges. Challenges that led him to confront one of the races most prohibitive in the world, "The Last Antarctic Desert," 2010 edition. Competition that took place between the South Pole ice prohibitive Only 68 runners were able to access the race. Yes, because participation in this competition provided exceeded the previous other three challenges: the deserts of the world's toughest. The grand slam of "Racing the planter," began two years ago, included the passing of the Atacama desert (Chile), Gobi (China), Sahara (Egypt). These routes, with one in Antarctica, they form the competition of "4 desert." The runners in Antarctica peschierese he finished in twelfth place, out of 53 participants who finished the race, and second place in its category. Not only that, in the general classification of "4 desert" came in sixth place. "I am very pleased with my end result - says Brattoli -. It was a very difficult test. I must say that at my age, 55 years, a good result. The athletes arrived before me are true professionals, with even a few years younger than me. This was a unique experience that will always carry with me. I do not deny that we want to make this competition a little bit of madness. An experience at least one fly in life, because it brings you to touch the sky with a finger. I can say that it has completed a race to the limits of the extreme and I'm satisfied. " The Misadventures on the rider "made in Peschiera Borromeo, are not missed. Starting right from crossing, made with the icebreaker "Antarctic Dream" is needed to reach the southernmost tip of Argentina. "This is the part to forget: the sea force 10, gusts over 100 mph, waves over 18 feet high - said the athlete -. Three days were a nightmare, where nobody has been able to sleep a wink. " The problems have not ended even after the vessel arrived at the South Pole In fact, due to bad weather, the stages on their way to complete the 250 km needed to close the competition has been suspended several times. "The temperature dropped sharply from -25 to -52, not counting the wind blowing at 80 miles per hour and ice falling from the sky. A situation at risk of life itself, "says Brattoli. But the runner, which has assets of less than 66 marathons officers, is also found to have to fight against frostbite. "I decided to take an alternative route, not to get his feet wet, but I found myself in a crevasse, soaked with salt water. I had to completely change to 25 degrees below zero. Fortunately, a runner who had previously voiced, gave me a hand. " A ride from Puto also prohibitive for economic reasons. In fact, the cost is around 18 thousand euro. "Luckily I was able to take advantage of my sponsor Orobianco, which also helped me in giving technical equipment required for this type of business - continues the runners -. As media partner, instead, I relied on free-press newspaper 7days, who followed me beginning of my journey until the end. " But in everyday life, our athletes do you work? It seems that in addition to participating in these extreme races Raffaele Brattoli also be able to continue his work as a salesman of leather. "To train in the evening delivery, with a backpack containing everything you need, and I'm out all night driving even 80 miles. Then back in the morning, I take a shower and off to work. " The iceman, nicknamed so because of its latest venture, it seems not to want to stop. The next stop will be Boston, where it will complete the grand slam of marathons (New York, Chicago, Boston, London and Berlin).

0 comments:

Post a Comment